Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Update on saying yes

I've realized that I like to do things!! These are the things I've "said yes" to lately:

  • Going to Elitches with my mom and Aimee. Super fun, but also super sunburney.
  • Going out with Melodie several times. I always feel better about life after I talk with Melodie. She's pretty much my rock and spiritual/life compass. She supports me no matter what. Our daughters will also be friends forever, which is such a blessing because Maya makes Aimee a better person. Plus, she's always there to make me biscuits when I need them and she knows how to laugh, especially when we see something!
  • Went to a commitment ceremony for Shanny's friends
  • Ate several lunches with my friends Amanda and Row. They are always always there for me no matter what. I don't know how I'd manage in this crazy world without them.
  • Went out several times with Shanny, a very kind gentleman, my bff and heterosexual life partner. She always knows how to have fun, if we're just lying on the couch talking about grammar and trying to get drunk or staying up all night making barfing noises or critiquing dumb horror movies, or talking like English gentlemen for hours about philosophy...and stuff
  • Went out for drinks and shuffleboard and a Scholastic Bookfair with Liz, a longtime friend who brings out the flirty, fun side to me. Who always is encouraging and upbeat.
  • Went and listened to jazz in the park with my friend Kelley from grad school. We've bared our souls to each other. She has an amazing soul and she still likes me lol. And she has a beautiful new baby.
  • Went to an annoying, high pressure sales pitch for World Mark by Windham, but got a lot of cool free stuff.
  • Went and looked at houses with Becky, another friend from school who always has a smart word of advice and who can talk to me for hours about Jane Austen and my search for Mr. Darcy.
I guess being single really isn't as bad as I thought it'd be!!!

5 comments:

melodie said...

Yea to saying yes! You are strong and your book while be so good when it gets written. Happy pre birthday/monk season premiere day.

melodie said...

Happy
birtyhday
and Monk seasson premiere day!
Hope you get all that you want- ha ha. I really do hope it was a good birthday and thanks for saying yes to being my wacky friend. Nice geekfest tonight.

BEcky Farrar said...

You goober! Single has never been bad and never will be! Did I mention I just got dumped again? ;) I'm wondering if it is time to plan a large girls night to take over Colorado Springs? I'm thinking downtown, I'm thinking craziness, let me know. We could do an Evite and make it an event. I true bachelorette party of sorts...;)

Bonnie said...

I looooooooove the dress (and overall look) you are wearing in the picture with the green drinks!!

Bonnie said...

Keep posting!! I need more!